Friday, April 24, 2020
Book 3: Hansa & Sandsea Reimagined
Hey there, heroes!
In this month's reimagined update, we've rewritten Cinquefoil's Sandsea questline! These quests, centered around the hero meeting and interacting with Magus Hansa, have been rewritten and re-animated (no pun intended!) to better fit with Book 3's current story direction.
Sound and music have also been added, as well as new level 90 versions of all of the rewards. Cinquefoil also has new unlockable dialogue referring to her identity, and where to go/what to do after completing the quest chain.
Unfortunately, due to emergency circumstances, Face of Death will not receive an audio/animation overhaul this week.
Rewritten quests: Rose Fort, Life Finds a Way, Face of Death, Sands of Eternity.
Reanimated quests: Life Finds a Way, Sands of Eternity.
Audio reworked quests: Life Finds a Way, Sands of Eternity.
New reward levels for: Rose Fort, Life Finds a Way, Face of Death, Sands of Eternity.
Additional dialogue: Unlocked after Rose Fort and Sands of Eternity.
The book found in the Rose Fort, The Nature of Magic, has also been rewritten.
Head east of Book 3 Falconreach to Cinquefoil to explore this month's reimagined content!
Also this week, a bunch of bug fixes and updates.
- The Necrotic Sword of Doom is no longer allowed in the Arena at the Edge of Time
- Unfortunately, its special ability is too much of a centralizing strategy to be allowed. I'd rather restrict the item than nerf it however, since it is very powerful and fun outside of the inn as well.
- A Necrotic Sword of Doom rack has been added to the Inn at the Edge of Time
- Clicking on this rack will deposit your Necrotic Sword of Doom into your bank, if it is in your inventory.
- if your Necrotic Sword of Doom is in your bank, it will withdraw it instead.
- In a similar vein, the Chronokeeper and Dark Chronokeeper weapons have had the damage from their special abilities reduced.
- The Frozen Claymore and Vanilla Ice Katana have had their specials adjusted.
- Effect has been changed to -30 Ice resist for 5 turns from -100 Ice resist for 50 turns.
- Special activation chance has been increased to 20%, up from 5%.
- Damage when special activates has been doubled to 200% base damage, up from 100%.
- Fixed a bug where Archive E-189-L was locked for new players.
- Fixed an issue where the font in the Rose Correspondence in the Rose Tree quests was not displaying properly.
And that's all for this week! Next week, we have some new inn challenges are coming your way!
Have theories about the story? Feedback about recent releases? Have something you'd like to see Reimagined? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?
Join the discussion on the official forums!
Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?
Check out the Artix Games Launcher!
Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)
Connect with our online game community!