Sunday, October 22, 2017
Ok, so, yeaaaaaah...
Not REALLY "Mogloween the 13th" today, but we're still going with it, because why not!
The release is finally live, sorry for the 2-day delay.
It's a war that I think you can breeze through in one week, just in time for the Mogloween finale!
Saturday, October 21, 2017
I was feeling worse today. Didn't get much done, was distracted and weak.
This weeks release ( the war that you asked for :) ) will be coming out tomorrow, on Sunday.
Friday, October 20, 2017
Hey there heroes!
With Tomix ill and the main release coming out tomorrow, I thought I'd go ahead and give everyone a preview of the skills for ShadowWalker of Time!
First things first: THIS IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING. THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE (AND PROBABLY WILL BE CHANGED).
Now, on to the good stuff!
The aim of this class is to be rather glass cannon- taking time to charge up, while also not having the best defenses. That said, ShadowWalker of Time could be considered hyper offensive- defense is lacking, although there are still some strong options (with long cooldowns and opportunity costs).
The class mechanic: Shadows
As you use most of your left side skills and attack button, you will build up Shadow charges- up to 3. When you have at least 1 charge, you will be able to go into Umbral form- sinking into the shadows and gaining buffs (detailed below), as well as unlocking all of your right side skills for as long as you have charges, and locking your left side skills while in Umbral form.
Skill 1: Attack
- Your basic attack- does two hits for a total of 125% base damage.
- This skill increases your Shadow charge.
Left side skills:
Skill 2: Antumbra
- This skill pulls you out of the shadows, ending Umbral form early. You will be able to act again after using this skill.
- This allows you to sacrifice any remaining turns in Umbral Form you have, in order to use a left side skill, if you so desire. Umbral Form also ends on its own too, but if you want to leave early, this is your skill.
Skill 3: Velo de la Sombra
- This is your basic defense skill, giving +180 to Block/Parry/Dodge for 3 turns
- However, it comes at a cost. It does not build Shadow charges, and also consumes any charges you may have built up. It is very much a panic button. (Or you could use it at the start of a fight to set up!)
Skill 4: Consume the Shadows
- This is a very powerful heal that comes at a hefty price and requires set up.
- You must have built at least 1 Shadow charge in order to use this skill. This skill also consumes all Shadow charges currently built up. For every Shadow charge eaten, you heal 20% HP- up to a maximum of 60%. This skill also does not build Shadow charge.
- You'll have to be strategic and careful to use this skill to its best effect.
Skill 5: Shade Spikes
- Your multi skill!
- Hits all enemies and builds Shadow charge. Relatively low cooldown.
Skill 6: Decay
- A strong attack that applies a damage over time effect to the enemy (that carries over if you go into Umbral form), and builds Shadow charge.
Skill 7: Doomsday Clock
- Count down the seconds til your enemy's demise! Stuns for 2 turns and builds Shadow charge. (But wait, 2 turns? that seems kind of low...)
Skill 8: Shadow People
- Your left side "Final" attack, does guaranteed critical massive damage, and builds Shadow charge. Long cooldown.
Right side "Umbral" skills:
Skill 9: Umbra
- Hide in the shadows! Using this skill consumes your Shadow charges, and gives you Umbral form for as many turns as you have charges. Umbral form increases your Melee/Pierce/Magic defense slightly.
- You can attack immediately after using this skill.
Skill 10: Penumbra
- Increases your critical damage by 25% for 2 turns. Does no damage.
- A risky set up skill- do you use a charge on it to buff your other attacks? Maybe you pop into Umbral to use this and buff your left side attacks!
Skill 11: Chronic Lock
- Stuns your enemy for 2 turns.
- Yep. Another stun skill! Be careful though, the duration of Chronic Lock and Doomsday Clock do not stack. But you can chain some very powerful combos and lock down an enemy for quite a while.
Skill 12: Phantom Hit
- A powerful attack, dealing 3 hits of 75% base damage each.
Skill 13: Gear of Time
- Grind down your foe, lowering their resistances for the next turn.
Skill 14:Impaling Hands
- An attack that hits many times and applies a damage over time.
Skill 15: Eternity Ray
- Your right side final skill. Guaranteed crit, and very powerful. Cooldown persists between battles.
ShadowWalker of Time is very offense and combo based. With long cooldowns and/or costs on defensive skills (such as stuns, defense, heal), you may have to think twice about when you use them on tougher challenges.
The burst potential is quite high, but requires multiple turns of set up for the most extreme combos, while still maintaining very strong damage upfront without much set up.
Again though, this class is still in development, and much is still subject to change.
Stay tuned for the main release coming this weekend! And what a release it is!
Thursday, October 19, 2017
I'm coming down with a nasty cold right now, so I just wanted to let you know that the release will most likely be on Saturday... or later :(
Verly is still hard at work with coding the Shadow Walker of Time, so we're expecting it to come out this month, or at the beginning of the next.
Sick Tomix out.
Friday, October 13, 2017
The time is night!
Mogtober is here! As tradition goes, Croft appears this time of year, as well as the Sisters!
What trouble will you get yourself into this time?
Head over to the Mogloween Book and play the first quest of Chapter 13 12!
Friday, October 6, 2017
It’s Friday and the release is live!
Head on over to Book 3 Swordhaven by the Library to pick up the quest from a member of The Rose in need of your aid! It’s up to you whether you want to help them or not... but know that they sure could use a hand. Trouble is brewing in parts of Swordhaven that are the most left behind and The Rose’s military cannot sit on its laurels.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
This week Tomix is working hard again to bring the ShadowWalker of Time class ever closer to fruition. Given that, I am bringing you a new quest for you to take a swing, a stab or a mage bolt at coming this Friday. It will not be part of the Atgasedd series (The last quest for that is still in the works. I want to take the time necessary on this as it is a lengthier quest). This Friday will actually be the start next mini-series—like the Atgasedd series was—that takes place in Swordhaven, but elsewhere.
As often, someone in Swordhaven needs your assistance and as the more or less trumpeted Hero of people across the Kingdom of Greenguard, you have a certain duty to oblige. But is it always a good idea to provide that help however? Can you necessarily trust whoever is requesting your assistance? Can you trust people… with certain allegiances? Well, there is only one way to find out.