Thursday, April 2, 2015
Question and Answer Time
Hey there! I thought I'd take today and answer some of the questions that I've been getting.
The "Serenity before the storm" war went rare?
- No, it didn't. It's now located in Book 3, at the Castle Valtrith location in Doomwood. The Defender Medal drops, as well as the older Doom Weapon "shortcut" drops and merge shop were removed. The "unlucky war challenge" shop is also removed.
Did the newest Destiny and Doom weapon upgrades go rare?
- Nope! They can still be accessed from the above war. The drops to make them now drop in ALL of the avaiable quests that aren't cutscenes. (This means they don't drop in the "Serenity Gone" quest OR "The Baron Awaits" quest.) We're working on expanding that area into a full "Story of the Baron" hub but for now only the war replay has been added.
Is Mootopolis, the new "April Fools" town in book 3, staying or leaving?
- It is a permanent addition to the game! We'll slowly be adding things there over time to fill it up and make it feel like a complete town. We just didn't have time to do everything we wanted to in time for April 1st.
The new quest to earn the new armor is really hard....can you make it easier?
- No, sorry. It's hard for a reason. I made it beatable without using anything but normal equips but, as with almost everything I make, there are ways to make it easier. Certain weapons have damage triggers on certain monster types increasing the damage you do, weapons that inflict Damage over Time effects make it easier, Pets make it easier, training up your HP Potions make it easier, etc. There are all sorts of things to make it easier, especially stuff you can get just by playing the game and exploring around all the different places!
- Now I do listen and I've gotten plenty of people asking to just be allowed to buy the armor again like at the start. After a few other staff members also thought that would be a good idea I added buttons into every part of the section called, "I can't do it...". (They are located just above the "back" buttons) After you click this a couple of screens of dialog will play and then you'll have access to the DC shop. I didn't do this originally because I wanted it to feel like you were really earning the armor, but in this case plenty of people wanted the option so I provided it. As a note, this does not stop you from trying the part you were stuck on later. The game still saves your progress to a certain spot in the progression to earn the armor so you can come back at any time and continue from there.
Can Non-DA's use the merge armor if they complete the quest?
- No, sorry. We did the same thing that was done for the Evolved ChickenCow armor. DA's can complete a bunch of stuff and buy it for gold. Non-DA's will need to purchase it for DC's if they wish to use it. HOWEVER! If an NDA player DOES beat the quest and turns in the CCL and ECCL armors they DO get access to a Weapon, Helm, and Cape set. You WILL LOSE your CCL and ECCL armors doing this so MAKE SURE you want to before you start the chain! Fair warning! There are also popups added to the town that make this clear as well.
Why do I need both ChickenCow lord (CCL) AND Evolved Chickencow Lord (ECCL) for Ascended ChickenCow? Can I even have both at the same time?
- You need both because I decided to do something different. I could have done a "Bring me this random item and merge it with ECCL!" but I didn't because I wanted it to feel like you were trading both older armors in to get something better, greater, and more powerful. (Which you are, Ascended Chickencow is CRAZY powerful) I do try a few new things every once in a while, like how I made it so you can just merge to get the DeathKnight items you want at a level tier instead of merging from low to high. Until I do stuff like that I won't know if you all like that or not. Each time I do something new I get plenty of feedback and know if I should do it again in the future or stick to the older way of doing things. Some new things you all like, some you don't.
- As for how to get both, you can get a drop version of the CCL armor, merge it into the ECCL armor, then get another CCL armor as a drop. (If you need to know which quests can drop the CCL armor you can check in this handy link! Click me!) You can also buy both CCL and ECCL for DC's and use those instead. It doesn't matter what versions you use, you just need 1 ChickenCow Lord armor and 1 Evolved ChickenCow armor.
Can we finally save new armors?
- No. We're still waiting on one of the database managers to have the time to help us out with that. We're trying to get it done as quickly as possible though!
Connect with our online game community!