|March 24, 2017|
Hey there heroes!
Last week, we saw what appeared to be a good side of the Rose. But this week, Sir Leon in the Shears is looking for some assistance. Elryn wrote this week's release, and I'll let him take it from here!
Last time you were in Swordhaven for the Tournament of Champions, you received a missive from Sir Leon beckoning you at The Shears, but then you had to face Caitiff and you had other things on your hands. Now that that’s past though, it’s time to return to The Shears and find out just what’s going on with The Rose over there. What could be going on now? Is it the Thorn? Akanthus? Or something else?
Let’s say there might just be strange, old or new discoveries to be made.
Hate The Rose? Love The Rose? Think you know what's going on?
Join the discussion on the official forums!
If you need any battle help, there's always the official Battle Strategy forum section as well:
DragonFable Battle Strategy Forums!
Feel free to make or join an existing thread there if you're having any trouble!
|March 17, 2017|
The release is live!
A word from San Robin:
Today we have prepared a quest for you that doesn’t have anything to do with cheese! (Incredible, I know!)
Ash received a letter addressed to you.
Now that’s not the strangest thing ever, you obviously get fan-mail ALL the time.*
The strange thing here is that it has a Rose seal on it.
The letter seems genuine, but...
Will you discover the soothing fragrance of the Rose?
Or be pricked by its thorns once more?
Log in and start the first quest of an all new quest chain!
*Do you? I don’t know, maybe discuss it on the forums?
Head over to the map (in Book 3 Falconreach), navigate to the Greenguard region and locate the new pin!
|March 10, 2017|
The release is live!
Head to Book 3 Swordhaven to find two new requests for help posted from the citizenry at the Swordhaven Quest Board.
The Capitol’s infamous Cheese Seller needs a gouda hand to transport a special delivery of cheese for a mystery client in Falconreach! It’s a LOT of cheese so he's going to need someone to protect him while he is transporting all that fine cheddar.
Secondly… we are not sure WHO submitted the second request... Was this really requested by one of the citizens? It’s a bit strange really…. Maybe the kids from around the market are playing pranks again? Perhaps you should just ignore this one.
Anyway, have a wonderful questing weekend!
~The DF Team
|March 03, 2017|
Hey there everyone!
This week, we have a quest written by the one and only San Robin! Get ready for the cheesy puns!
Head on over to Serenity's Inn in Book 1 Falconreach and find San Robin to play the next chapter in his tale!
Also, the Hero's Heart Day Storybook and item shops will be leaving on Monday, March 6th!
And now, a word from San Robin himself!
With that greeting, you probably know what time it is!
Yes! The dreaded fondue friday is back!
San Robin* has yet another quest for you.
He may or may not have found a clue to answer something he has been wondering for years.
Where are the bandits who attacked his merchant family?
A fair warning in advance:
If you’re allergic to dairy and/or puns, it’s best to keep your anti-allergy medicine at hand!
Dracelix made an awesome (and oh-so cheesy) weapon to go with the quest as well.
Now enough writing!
Go on a quest with San Robin to find the legen-dairy artifact!
*It feels so weird to write your username when talking about an NPC.
|February 24, 2017|
Hey there heroes!
Elryn wrote this week's quest release and has some stuff to share about it:
Drinks a barrel.
Hello everyone! Tomix might still be taking a breather this week, but that is not stopping him from working on some fairly awesome stuff!
If you have not already, take a peek at the art for the next Time based Class being worked on:
So while Tomix was doing other things, I whipped up a little filler quest to give you all something to do before things resume as normal next week. With thanks to Dracelix, you not only have a revamped version of a classic weapon, but three revamped weapons, one to go with each Base Class, on top of a brand new scythe weapon to add to your arsenal!
All you have to do is help Teka with a small errand to be rewarded for your efforts. Teka has been busy turning the previously ignored halls of the Libraseum into a pretty impressively stocked repository of knowledge and scholarly or practical learning. Unfortunately, despite her best efforts, she is still in need of more books to better shelve and complete the Libraseum’s collection.
She will definitely appreciate the help!
Verly has also been working hard to keep the game running as gremlin free as possible! Bug fixes and features this week:
- Fixed some remaining bank typos
- Fixed Male Mage color custom glitch
- Added quest requirement to Judgement (Wheel) Day quest
- Added mouse-over pop ups for book titles in the Libraseum
- Other small misc fixes
Lastly, as the Hero and the people of Falconreach mourn and then accept Serenity’s final passing, let us take a moment in the New Year to recognize those past and gone (If all the snow has been melted and burned to smithereens, is it still Winter?).
Not every story has a perfectly happy ending, but as said from the mouth of the departed: it is important to keep going forwards.
Happy book hunting,
|February 17, 2017|
Hey there heroes!
With Tomix taking a break this week, things are pretty light!
First off, there are a couple new shops in the Book of Lore to celebrate the Hero's Heart Day Season!
These include Hero's Heart weapons for gold, as well as a Heart Inquisitor cape and scythe for Dragon Coins!
Next, I've done a few fixes this week:
- Ranger: Changed tooltip for the bonus attack. Since the chance is 100%, it's not really a chance.
- Ranger: Fixed Viper's Arrow stacking. Stacks properly to 5 stacks instead of reverting to 3.
- Ranger: Fixed Purge damage from 2 hits of 75% damage to 2 hits of 70% damage.
- Bank: Fixed missing scythe icon in the Bank interface
- Bank: Fixed various typos
- Fixed some other general issues and such.
- Armor Closet: Added the following classes to the Armor Closet
- Shadow Base Classes
- Ancient Shadow Base Classes
- Retro Base Classes
- Dimensional Transphaser
Coming later this weekend though, Tomix is still putting the finishing touches on the new Falconreach map!
Here are some previews:
If this is how things look when the city is destroyed, I can't wait to see how the rebuilt city will look!
Have a great weekend, heroes!
|February 12, 2017|
You guys wanted to know what could have been if you’d have lost the war.
As promised... here it is:
- Your dragon would have been purified by Elysia, Artix and the others, instead of Amadeus. However, it would not have been enough. There would have been long-term side effects you and your dragon would have to deal with in a later questline (since you’ve won, the questline will be about will be about something different now!)
- Ultimately, Caitiff would have still been destroyed, but not completely, with a chance to come back one day.
- The mask would have been entirely obliterated because of your dragon’s unimaginable rage, not just cracked and shattered. Meaning that everything that ever has been consumed by Valtrith would have been evaporated as well. This was the major change in narrative, because right now, every evil being was released… but so was Serenity. If you lost the war, every evil being would have been destroyed… but so would Serenity. I know it’s not fair, but it is what it is.
- There would have been losses amongst citizens, as well as one of the NPCs. Who, I won't tell.
- People of Falconreach would have not recovered that easily from Caitiff’s influence.
- The exchange during the epilogue would have been much more heated.
- Cultists would have picked up the remains of the doom weapon and then run.
Other than that, the rest of the things would still have happen as they did.
|February 10, 2017|
The Epilogue of the Calamity Saga is live!
The destroyed Falconreach will come out at a later date, so you can right now enjoy FR still in one piece, albeit under the black snow :P
(The destroyed FR will also stick around for a while, Rome wasn't built in a... week, after all!)
Now go, play the epilogue, get some answers!
(I have no promo image for you, I simply didn't know what to put in it o_O)
Aaaaalso, while I'm off for a week or two while working on classes, enjoy whatever Verlyrus has planned for you!
Tags: Caitiff Tomix
|February 09, 2017|
LoreMaster Teka is making the final preparations for an all-new quest for you in the Libraseum, Falconreach’s Archive for ancient scrolls, mystical artifacts, and glorious adventures!
Back in May of 2016, the Libraseum had its Grand Re-Opening, as Loremaster Teka took over its custodianship! She comes from a tribe of Dusk Elves, and has labored for years to share the hopes, dreams, and stories of those who make their homes in Falconreach.
As you battle around Lore, you may find artifacts. Click on them and they will go on display in the Muesum Hall... at least, all the ones that aren't TOO dangerous will! You can also unlock scrolls and books, which contain tales of wonderment.
The Libraseum has been a hub of learning and activity for years! Find the following quests and scrolls there RIGHT NOW! (And then come back later this month for her new adventure)
- New Dimension Quest
- Mark of the LoreMaster scroll
- Dyana's Diary scroll
- The Wind Orb scroll
- The Shaking Kings scroll
- Unlock "The Elder Lament" and "Laguzoki" scrolls by completing the Cold Truth quest
Tags: Alina Libraseum
|February 09, 2017
Love is in the air this month! All our seasonal Hero’s Heart Day events and reward items will return soon as we celebrate one of Lore's most lovely holiday events of the year.
Big Daddy is waiting with a lovely lineup of returning releases!
- Chapter 1: You MUST Deliver the SnuggleGrams!
- Chapter 2: The Heart of Darkness waits for you
- Chapter 3: Love letters and a Change of Heart
- Chapter 4: The Greatest Hug of All!
- Chapter 5: The Threat List?!
Wait... WHO is Big Daddy?
Shut yo' mouth! The Big D is the mastermind behind all the Snuggle-Grams that get delivered on Hero's Heart Day. He's also a huge proponent of using the environment for marketing -- that's why you see the Forest of Infinite Terror change into the Forest of Lovely Hearts.
Lovely Gear Returns
Complete quests to earn Tokens of Affection, then use them in Big Daddy's Hero's Heart shop to get your gauntlets on seasonal rare gear.
- Heartbreaker set
- Ex's Caliber Mark 1, 2, and 3 sets
- The Burning Love and Crimson Heart set
- Shattered Love set
- Separation, Division, Dissolution
- Heartache, Heartbreak, and Heartburn set
And yes... you will also be able to battle in the SnuggleBear armor! Only available during the Hero's Heart Day event, this beary sweet armor originally released back in 2007, when the team was testing Class armors. We got a flood of requests from you guys to keep using it, so... The SnuggleBear Helm was released! Click on that to transform into the SnuggleBear!
Tags: Alina Hero Heart Day
Design Note Archive - See the good, bad,
and the buggly -- all the way from the start!