|October 18, 2012|
Out of Time
How’s it going guys? It’s been a while. I wanted to stop by and give you a heads up as to what’s going on with me and DragonFable lately.
As many of you know I’ve been helping out with Oversoul as it gets ready for beta. I’ve been working on the Server while Warlic has been making great strides on the server. That said, DF is still my number-one priority whenever possible. We’re making great progress into Book 3, and while I’d like to be keeping up the to-do list in front of me is very very long.
Here’s a list of things I am not sworn to secrecy about and are on there. These are not ordered by priority, and not all may be accomplished “soon” but will hopefully all be accomplished.
- Mogloween Badge Bugs – I’ve got to play through all of Mogloween 100% legitimately to test the fixes I’m working on for these. I’ve been doing that while live streaming with you guys (Follow me on Twitter to see when those happen) but it’s a big process. We’ve had a LOT of Mogloween content to play through and a lot of masks to unlock.
- Warmonger badges – These require a special unique bit of code that we don’t have in the engine, and new engine builds are usually pretty big projects.
- New Badges added to the Character Pages.
- Fixes for DragonLord, both sound and color customization issues. – This is being held up by Ghost’s recent computer issues. We were trying to make sure we weren’t walking over each other’s progress on them and are still trying to sync up.
- Fixing the boat minigame for the bay release.
- Player Created Content design finalized – The new plans for Player Created content are a massive improvement over the original goals and still very much in the cards. But it’s also such a large scale project that we more or less need it 100% designed before we really start getting involved.
There’s a lot of other things that need doing, but the major one (Pyromancer) is already in Verlyrus’ capable hands. He’s making huge progress and we’re loving Tomix’s animations on them.
There is one other thing... Something small. I’m forgetting it. Man…
- I’m getting married to Alina in a week!
That puts a lot of the rest of my todo list in a bit of a perspective, huh? I’ve been running around the state of Florida (home of the Secret Underground Lab) and calling people across the continent to make sure everyone we can manage will be able to be here in comfort and style for our wedding. It’s been a long, crazy, process that started over 2 years ago.
Now, it comes to the point of the design notes I’ve been dreading. There’s no easy way to say this so I’ll be blunt: I ran out of time. There were big plans to get a wedding event in both AQW and DF now that Alina is running AQW’s releases and I’m lead coder on DragonFable, but things just aren’t going to work out. I’m not going to have time to get a wedding event in DragonFable. There will be a huge party in AQW, written by my lovely wife-to-be, but DF’s not going to have one by Friday.
Alina tells me she won't accept that answer, but I've convinced her to wait until AFTER the wedding to try to put something together. She needs to stay as sane as I do.
It stinks, but it’s the only way I’ll be getting through this week happy and as calm as possible. We love you guys, and thank you immensely, and I’m sorry I’m disappointing so many of you. Alina promises that she'll have a Wedding Shop in Falconreach for you, though, so look for that this Friday! (Remember the Cysero wedding shop? It'll be like that.)